Heart Cherished Productions is seeking the following roles for the upcoming stage play “Momma Don’t Go” in Atlanta. They have several open roles and will be casting talent on Saturday, March 19th 2016. Please view all roles and reply to the production email for audition details, for any questions please email email@example.com with “Momma Don’t Go” in the subject line.
A SCENE BY SCENE LIST OF CHARACTERS NEEDED
THE MAIN FAMILY : AFRICAN AMERICAN FAMILY
- CHAROLETTE BENETTE – THE MAIN STARR! CHARACTER – AGES RANGING FROM : 34 – 42 – MUST BE STRONG SINGER!
ROLE: Charlotte losses hope and becomes discouraged when having trouble providing for children.
- CHEYENNE BENETTE – THE STARR CHILD ROLE FEMALE (UNDERSTUDY POSITION OPEN) – AGES RANGING FROM 8 – 9 (an understudy is used in place of main actor , must learn parts)
ROLE: Plays the youngest daughter of Charlotte Bennett – Gets community involved in helping save her family MUST BE SINGER!
- CARMEL BENETTE – THE DAUGHTER AND OLDER SISTER OF CHAROLETTE BENETTE – AGES RANGING FROM 11- 13 YRS ( SINGER BUT NOT A MUST, ( free singing lessons for this position)
ROLE: Carmel keeps a watchful eye on her brother and younger sister – finds a flyer with dancing completion, encourages her sister and friends to battle in dance to win $2000.00 to help their family
- GERALD BENETTE – THE SON OF CHAROLEETE BENETTE AND BROTHER TO CHEYENNE AND CARMEL – AGES RANGING FROM 14- 15 (SINGER- NOT A MUST) free singing lessons for position
ROLE: Gerald is teased on playground by bully , Gerald is congratulated by principle for not acting up with bully, Gerald gains respect. Gerald watches his mom carefully, making sure she is all right
ATTENTION! ALL OTHER POSITIONS CAN BE ANYONE OF ETHNICITY ! ONLY THE MAIN FAMILY CHARACTERS ABOVE ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN, THIS IS A COMMUNITY MUSICAL PLAY
- MAVIS- FRIEND TO CHEYENNE CHILD STARR- AGES RANGING FROM 8-10, BE ENERGETIC! FRIENDLY! MUST SING SOME ( free singing lessons, for particular parts)
ROLE: FIRST UP ON STAGE – FIRST SINGING SONG IN PRODUCTION (short singing verse) HANGS OUT WITH FRIENDS, MEETING IN TOY ROOM..IS APART OF DANCE COMPETITION
- TERA- FRIEND TO MAIN CHEYENNE CHILD STARR – AGEAS RANGING FROM 8-10. BE ENERGETIC! FRIENDLY! MUST SING SOME (free singing lessons, for particular parts)
ROLE: SECOND UP ON STAGE – SECOND SONG IN PRODUCTION (short singing verse) HANGS OUT WITH CHEYENNE AND MAVIS, MEETING IN TOY ROOM ..APART OF DANCE COMPETITION
- DAVID COLLINS – MAN IN LOVE WITH CHAROLETTE BENETTE – AGES RANGING FROM 34 -38, 40’S FINE ALSO (MUST BE A STRONG SINGER)
ROLE: David try’s to explain to Charlotte that he loves her, and can help provide for her and her children, but she pushes him away.
- SHEILA – FRIEND AND SISTER FROM ADOPTION TO CHAROLETTE BENETTE – AGES RANGING FROM 28 – 38 (SINGER – BUT NOT STRONG)
ROLE: Sheila try’s to talk Charlotte into not leaving her children, Sheila helps buy and care for family; being supportive
- CHOREOGRAPH – TEACH JAZZ MOVES TO DANCERS – AGES : ADULT – MUST BE EXPERIENCED BY THREE OR MORE YEARS PLEASE!
ROLE: Teach jazz dance steps to dancers – you will perform in introduction. The dancers will dance through the audience upon stage, ALSO, instruct them in dance battle competition
- HOST OF THE SHOW! AGES RANGING FROM 15 – 18 , MUST NOT BE SHY AT ALL! MOST BE ENERGETIC! PEOPLE PERSON! LOVE TO TALK, TO JOKE! MUST BE FUNNY! PARTY MOOD!
ROLE – OPEN THE SHOW, INTRODUCE MUSIC GROUP, OVER THE BATTLE COMPETITION! ANNOUNCE WINNER! GET EVERYONE IN A GOOD MOOD! VERY IMPORTANT PART
- GIRL 1 – AGES RANGING FROM 16- 25, MUST BE ABLE TO TUMBLE, GET THE AUDIENCE UP ON FEET , GET AUDIENCE TO DO DANCE STEPS WITH YOU; ALSO PLAY IN SCHOOL RECESS SCENE, MUST NOT BE SHY! FUN PERSON
- BOY 2 – AGES RANGING FROM 16 – 25 MUST BE ABLE TO TUMBLE, GET THE AUDIENCE UPON FEET, GET AUDIENCE TO DO DANCE STEP WITH YOU, ALSO PLAY IN SCHOOL RECESS SCENE
- MUST NOT BE SHY AT ALL! FUN PERSON (you two will practically open the show, along side host.
- SCHOOL TEACHER MS. JOINER – AGE ADULT – MUST BE PATIEN! , NOT THE KIND OF PERSON THAT TAKES THINGS PERSONALLY, FRIENDLY, LOVE CHILDREN,
ROLE – Deals with bully child in the classroom, doesn’t listen to you at all,
- JOHNATHAN MURK – CLASS BULLY – AGES RANGING IN 13-15, MUST NOT BE SHY! SINGING A MUST! FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
ROLE – Gives Gerald a hard time at school because of family situation, disrespect teacher (yes it happens in real life) gets the class to join in on songs and disrupts class. Gets a good talking to from principal
- PRINCIPAL SUTTON – SCHOOL PRINCIPAL- MALE- AGES RANGING IN 54 AND UP, MUST LOVE KIDS, GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, FRIENDLY
ROLE- Gives Johnathan Murk a good talking to about being a bully; how to make wise decisions
- NURSE MEREDITH – SCHOOL NURSE – AGES RANGING FROM 33 AND UP, MUST LOVE TO WORK WITH KIDS, UNDERSTANDING, CARING, SINGER BUT NOT A MUST
ROLE – Friends with Charlotte and family, helps encourage and takes care of wound in nurses office
- GIRL 1 AND GIRL 2 – PLAY A PART IN THIS SCENE, TALKING TO BULLY AT RECESS, TAKES UP FOR CARMEL AND GERALD
- BRUCE – BEST FRIEND TO GERALD- AGES RANGING FROM 14- 15, MUST BE AN ENCOURAGING PERSON, FRIENDLY, STAND UP GUY FOR FRIEND, NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK UP
ROLE: Takes up for Gerald when bully is picking, encourages Gerald in his situation
- CECIL ADAMS – INSURANCE AGENCY OWNER SMALL BUSINESS – AGES RANGING IN 62 , ELDERLY
ROLE – Plays Charlotte Bennett’s long time boss and friend
- SOCIAL WORKER CALLS FOR WOMAN, BUT CAN CHANGE TO MALE – AGES RANGING -ADULT, MUST BE STERN! KEEP STRAIGHT FACE!
ROLE – Comes to Charlotte’s home and tells her she has to take her children for neglect
- BARBARA- FEMALE BALLERINA – AGES RANGING IN 18 -24 – MUST BE AN EXPERIENCE THREE YEARS! BALLET DANCER, MUST BE ABLE TO STAND STILL ON STAGE DURING SOME SCENE’S
ROLE – Playing a giant doll in Cheyenne toy room, dances with boyfriend male dancer. MUST BE ABLE TO SING A BIT (will give singing lesson for particular song
- KENNETH- MALE BALLERINO – AGES RANGING IN 18 -24, MUST BE EXPERIENCED THREE YEARS, MUST BE ABLE TO STAND STILL ON STAGE DURING SOME SCENES,
MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT PARTNER IN DANCE PERFORMANCE (TWO)
ROLE – Playing giant male doll in Cheyenne toy room, dances with girlfriend female ballerina, MUST BE ABLE TO SING A BIT (will give singing lessons)
- GROCERY STORE OWNER – MR. BEBEFIELD – AGES RANGING IN ADULT TO ELDERLY, MUST BE FRIENDLY PEOPLE PERSON
ROLE – Stands out side with produce, talks to Charlotte, warns Charlotte about the business women next door
- CLOTHING AND TOY STORE OWNER – MARTHA- AGES RANGING IN ADULT TO ELDERLY
ROLE- Mean natured, doesn’t care to much about people, doesn’t give exchanges back. talks short with Charlotte
- DISCOURAGERS – THERE ARE TWO MALE POSITIONS OPEN FOR ROLE, RANGING IN AGES 18 -24, Character plays the emotions of Charlotte that has come to life
CLOTHING – Wear black hooded clothing and shoes,
- HOME SCENE – MAIN FAMILY CHARACTERS
- DANCE BATTLE SCENE! – ALL DANCERS PARTICIPATION – EVERYONE ON STAGE, STAGE WILL BE ROPED OFF , TUMBLERS A PLUS! ACROBATIC A PLUS!
Role: Two teams battle against each other for the prize money of $2000.00 (This is still the play no real monies involved in play at no time)
- THE BUS STOP SCENE – ELDERLY WOMEN PLAYS ANGEL IN DISGUISE – SORRY THIS POSITION MAY BE FEELED BUT PLEASE CHECK WITH US
- MOMMA’S HOME – HOME SCENE BUT MOST CAST WILL BE ON STAGE TO WELCOME CHAROLETTE
Please Contact – Heart Cherished Event Manager – For audition information
Cynthia Blagmon – CALL – 404-798-6938