Pineapple Field Productions is Casting Principle and Supporting Roles for the Independent Feature Inbetween Girl Filming in Austin and Galveston, Texas!
Project Type: Independent Feature
Location: Austin, Galveston
Start Date: Thursday, July 25, 2019
Shooting Schedule: 16 Days
Wrap Date: Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- SHERYL WHITE (16, White): The most popular girl at school and Liam’s girlfriend. A cheerleader and Instagram influencer. The type of teen who seems like she’s never had an awkward phase. Despite her pristine exterior, Sheryl’s got problems, insecurities, and has trouble connecting with girls at school.
- FAI (40s-50s, Chinese): Angie’s father. A good humored science guy who is struggling to navigate a new relationship and fatherhood post-divorce. Immigrated to the states from China in his 20s. **This character has been written to be bilingual in Mandarin and English, but the director is open to adjusting depending on the actor’s background.**
- VERONICA (40s-50s, White): Angie’s mother. A hardworking and passionate lawyer who has seen more than her daughter knows. Veronica always seems to be in a constant struggle of figuring out the balance between her work, passions, and motherhood.
- MIN (40s-50s, Chinese): Fai’s new girlfriend. A nurse by profession. Kind, nurturing, and unabashedly proud of Fang. Like Fai, moved to the states in her 20s from China. **This character has been written to be bilingual in Mandarin and English, but the director is open to adjusting depending on the actor’s background.**
- FANG (18, Chinese-American) : Min’s daughter. A humble and sweet robotics genius who just got her acceptance letter from Stanford. Despite her academic success, she has skepticism and insecurities about her mother’s new relationship with Fai, but does well to put on a good face and make the most of the situation. **This character has been written to be bilingual in Mandarin and English, but the director is open to adjusting depending on the actor’s background. The director encourages all actresses of East Asian descent to apply!**
- REBECCA (16, White): A talkative and humorous teen with a future in celebrity journalism. Angie’s best friend because no one else wants to befriend either of them.
- MS. ROBINSON (20s, White): Angie’s English teacher. Quirky and awkward. Loves Shakespeare. Recently out of school and still figuring out her teaching style.
- MR. WHITE (40s-50s, White): Sheryl’s dad. A businessman who demands a lot of his daughter. A BOI (born on the island) and proud of that fact.
- MRS. WHITE (40s-50s, White): Sheryl’s mom. A sweet stay at home mom who hasn’t ventured much outside her white social bubble. Also, a BOI (born on island) and considers that a big part of her identity. Likely met Mr. White at the same high school Sheryl goes to.
- YOUNG ANGIE (7-10, Half-Asian, Half-White): Adorable beyond measure. Must believably look like the younger version of Angie.
To see what teen Angie looks like, see this link: https://vimeo.com/295332526. The director encourages any young actress who can pass as half-East Asian/half-white to apply.
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.