American Immersion Theater Open Casting Call in Tampa, Florida!
Please note that ALL actors accepted into the troupe will need to be available for a mandatory callback on Sun, September 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm. If you are unavailable for the callback, you will NOT be accepted into the troupe.
DATES: Sunday, August 25, 2019 and Monday, August 26, 2019
TIME: You must schedule a time slot
How to Prepare:
You will be asked to engage in structured improv scenes using the Archetype Characters featured in our murder mysteries. Please come prepared to show 2 characters from this list:
- Old Rich Socialite
- Highschool Cheerleader
- Captain of the Football team
- Washed Up 80s Rock Star
- Mob Boss
- Femme Fatale
You do not need to prepare a monologue or read a play/script before you attend auditions. Rather, come in with an open mind and an energetic attitude. Be ready to engage in guided scenarios and group interactions using your prepared characters or potentially others from this list.
What to Expect:
- It is recommended to be 15 minutes early for your scheduled audition time slot.
- Audition time slot groups perform for 15–20 minutes with 5 minutes saved for questions.
- Actors are notified within one week via email with the results of their audition. We contact all actors, whether or not they have been cast into the troupe.
What to Bring:
- A current headshot
- An acting resume — all levels of experience are welcome to audition
What age range do you cast?
Do I need to have improv experience
No experience is required, but it is encouraged.
Do I need to be local to the area?
You should be located within a 25 minute drive of the troupe’s city.
Are you seeking union status actors?
No, only non–equity applicants will be considered.
Do you take walk–ins?
Yes, we do allot time for walk–in auditions, however we encourage you to sign up prior to save yourself some times and guarantee your spot.
How does show scheduling work?
Actors submit request for show dates based on their individual availability, with no show minimum required, cast is based on experience and availability.
If I sign up and do not receive a confirmation email should I show up to the time slot I selected on the website?
Yes. Also, check your spam or promotions folders because your confirmation email might be hiding in there!
Do you provide actors with costumes and props in performance?
Yes, however the actor may be required to provide some individual pieces.
What are we looking for?
We are on the search for actors who already have improv skills or are willing to learn them. We put on a wide variety of productions, and roles will rotate depending on availability of actors and experience. Actors perform a mixture of pre-scripted material and spontaneous improvisation.
We do both public and private shows, so an audience could be anywhere from eight people to eight hundred, and can be performed almost anywhere. We travel to do shows frequently, but do reimburse for gas when traveling. Most shows are on weekends, but we do get opportunities during the week. The beauty is that you pick which shows you want to do. As few or as many as you want!
A rehearsal ranging from 2-4 hours is required the week that you are scheduled for a show. With the exception of a single quarterly mandatory rehearsal, no rehearsal is more than 4 hours in length.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment and the capacity to be invigorated by constant personal interaction
- A high ability to focus and learn new skills while facilitating game dynamics
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers
- A strong presence and ability to command the room
- Observational savvy and quick thinking
- Reliable transportation
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.