The Public Theater Auditions for Upcoming 2020-2021 Season!
The Public Theater of San Antonio is an AEA – Small Professional – Category 1 Theater.
*You do NOT have to be an AEA member to audition/be involved with our theater.
We aim to treat all performers with equal worth and value – Equity works!
2020-2021 Season Generals Dates
March 12, 2020; 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
March 13, 2020; 10:00 am – 7:30 pm
March 14, 2020; 10:00 am – 7:30 pm
(If you are requested for Dance call it will be March 15, 2020, 10:-00 am – 2:00 pm)
Prepared Materials Required:
- Musicals OR Musicals and Plays
- 1 monologue (not to exceed 1 minute), 2 song selections (16-32 bars, not to exceed 30 seconds, nothing prior to 1990)
- Provide sheet music in the proper key
- No CD / No MP3 / No Acapella
- No private pianist (an accompanist is provided)
- Dance Call scheduled March 15, 2020, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, by invitation only. If invited, please dress for movement/dance to include proper footwear.
- Plays ONLY
- 2 contrasting contemporary monologues (not to exceed 1 minute each)
- Do not bring props
- No original work or poetry
Resumes should include a current phone number and email address.
Minors are required to provide a parent/guardian email on audition registration as well as resume. No correspondence will be made with a minor’s personal email.
- A full list of roles and additional production information coming soon.
- Accepting auditions for artists 16 and older only.
- Youth auditions for Annie and A Bronx Tale will be held separately in Fall 2020.
- Auditions for Fresh Ink New Work Fest will be held separately TBD.
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.