CALLING ALL BARBIZON ALUM! Now’s your chance to participate in the third edition of Barbizon’s virtual fashion show!
This show’s theme is “Back To School.” Whether you’re going physically back to school or taking online classes or already graduated, we want to share your #BackToSchoolStyle. Show off your runway walk from home & what your back to school style is all about this season! We are looking for high fashion walks as if you were walking in New York Fashion Week while showing your back to school trends.
This is YOUR opportunity to gain exposure to our 500,0000+ followers, which includes THE TOP agencies, managers, casting directors, and industry professionals!
ALL AGES, GENDERS, ETHNICITIES, HEIGHTS, AND SIZES ARE WELCOME!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday, August 11th at 5:00 PM
The #BackToSchoolStyle Virtual Fashion Show will be posted to our social media on Friday, August 14th.
Only the most original content that follows the guidelines will be included in Barbizon’s New Social Media #BackToSchoolStyle Virtual Friday Fashion Shows (refer to runway tips below).
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Video MUST be made on a cell phone. Be sure to have your phone horizontally when filming, not vertically.
- Video MUST be made AT HOME / SAFE ENVIRONMENT. This can be your hallway, bedroom, driveway, backyard, etc. as long as you are showing off your walk, your style, and being safe at home.
- SLATE! Remember to slate with your name, city, and agency representation (if any, not required).
- BE YOU AND HAVE FUN!
Tips to submit your video so it makes the final cut for the fashion show
• Do a real runway walk as if you were performing in a live fashion show. This means no silly faces, wacky moves, or dancing down your hallway (pretend runway.)
• Keep your video clean. Forget the Instagram, Tik Tok, or Snapchat filters! We want to see YOU and YOUR STYLE only. Also, be sure you stay in frame and in focus during your whole walk by setting your camera up appropriately or asking someone to film for you.
• Don’t show too much skin. Keep your style school appropriate and let the focus be on your runway abilities.
• Keep in mind your market as a model as if you were being scouted by agencies. Is your look and previous work more high fashion or commercial? Think about yourself in terms of YOUR STRENGTHS and then style your outfit and show your walk appropriately.
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.