The Alden Theatre Casting Call for “Objects in Mirror May Be SPOOKIER Than They Appear,” A Drive-Thru Drama production!
Auditions – Drive Thru Drama -“Objects in Mirror May Be SPOOKIER Than They Appear”
Every 100 years, the planets align in such a way that allows Spooky Scientists access to an alternate dimension. A century ago, physicist Boris Gool entered and has not been heard from again. Brave the portal this October and help a modern-day Spooky Scientist as you encounter werewolves, witches, zombies and more in the search for what really happened to Boris. A once-in-a-lifetime drive-thru adventure created by Recent Cutbacks (“Hold On To Your Butts,” “KEVIN!!!!!”).
The performance dates are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Oct. 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31; Nov. 1, 4-6 p.m.
- To audition, actors must submit the casting form and send a recorded video performing one of the monologues from the audition sides.
- Actors ages 14+ are eligible to audition. Dranesville Small District 1A residents receive priority casting.
- All characters can be any gender or ethnicity, and there are characters of a variety of ages above 14 years old.
- Some characters require actors with backgrounds in dance as well as puppetry.
- Several cast members will serve as Foley artists. Foley training will be provided, but a background in music, emphasis in percussion, is also preferred for some characters.
- Full audition packets must be received by Monday, Sept. 28 at midnight.
- Call backs will be on Wednesday, Sept. 30, over Zoom. All actors invited to call backs will receive advance notice of the time that they are called.
• Reasonable safety precautions that adhere to the CDC and Health Department guidelines include:
• The driving route will be set up so that actors are a minimum of six feet away from cars and each other at all times.
• Actors will be provided a face shield, which they must wear at all times. All audience members are asked to wear a masks.
• Actors will provide their own costumes, set and props so that they are the only ones touching their items.
• Appropriate signage will be used to mark each viewing area. Drivers must turn off vehicles at each station.
• Other precautions may be taken if recommended by the CDC or the Health Department.
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.