LVLT announces open auditions for “The Importance of Being Earnest” by Oscar Wilde
Directed by Alex B.
Show Description: Oscar Wilde’s classic screwball comedy about deliberately mistaken identities, the art of wooing, the importance of a witty quip, and the simple joy of a good muffin.
Audition Dates: In-person auditions will take place on Tuesday, November 2 & Wednesday, November 3 at 7pm.
Performance Dates: January 14 – 30, 2022 with performances on Fridays, and Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm. And one Sat matinee on 1/22 at 2pm. Rehearsals begin immediately.
ALL ROLES ARE AVAILABLE. All roles will be required to do a British dialect.
- John/Jack Worthing (male, 18-35): Seemingly responsible and respectable young man leading a double life, depending on whether he’s in the country or the city.
- Algernon Moncrieff (male, 18-35): Witty, charming, amoral bachelor who is committed–above all–to enjoying himself.
- Gwendolyn Fairfax (female, 18-35): Sophisticated, sharp-witted, and delightfully pretentious, she considers herself to be an expert on high society.
- Cecily Cardew (female, 16-30): Virtuous, clever, naive, and very funny 18-year old who is wise beyond her years.
- Lady Bracknell (female, 45+): Snobbish and overbearing mother of Gwendolyn, whose dry and cutting sarcasm dominates everyone she talks to.
- Miss Prism (female, 40+): Cecily’s well-intentioned but quickly-exasperated tutor; courteous and kind, but hiding a secret from her past.
- Dr. Chausible (male, 40+): The bumbling, long-winded, good-hearted local reverend, who harbors an unrequited crush on Miss Prism.
- Lane (female or male, any age): Algernon’s long-suffering servant; utterly reliable, and always ready with unexpectedly sage advice.
**Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.**
Headshots and resumes are accepted but are not required.
Disclaimer: LVLT does NOT pay – We are an entirely volunteer organization!
Face coverings are required except when in the audition room
All auditionees must show proof of vaccination. *We will be unable to cast anyone that is not fully vaccinated.*
RESPOND TO PLACEMENT EMAIL
2 RECENT PHOTOS- headshot/ full length
FOR FULL SUBMISSION DETAILS
Please note all castings are intended for Barbizon graduates registered with Barbizon Placement ONLY. Full casting and submission guidelines are emailed to the Barbizon Placement Division. Please send any casting inquiries to Placement@barbizonusa.com. For more information about Barbizon visit https://www.barbizonmodeling.com.